Do not use HealthTap or HealthTap Premium Services (including HealthTap Prime and HealthTap Concierge) in the event of an emergency or for emergency care. Always call 911 or your local emergency services immediately if you think you may have a medical emergency.
HealthTap and HealthTap Premium Services connect you with leading doctors, and trusted health information, all designed to help you feel good and live a happier, healthier life. HealthTap is an anonymous and freeservice, which provides free answers to health questions, health tips, and health information from tens of thousands of leading doctors.
HealthTap Premium Services are paid services, providing everything offered by HealthTap, plus virtual consults with leading U.S.-doctors, directly from your computer or mobile device.
HealthTap and the Content on HealthTap are for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by HealthTap is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Content on HealthTap is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and you should:
- Seek the advice of a your doctor or your other qualified healthcare provider or use HealthTap Prime or HealthTap Concierge (only as appropriate and available) whenever you have a personal question about a medical condition or symptom or wherever you may need medical care
- Never delay seeking this advice or disregard professional medical advice because of something that you read or see on HealthTap
HealthTap Premium Services (HealthTap Prime and HealthTap Concierge)
HealthTap Prime provides primary care virtual consults with doctors licensed in your state for limited diagnosis, care and prescriptions (as appropriate). HealthTap Concierge lets you connect with your doctor for viritual consults using the HealthTap platform, or with other doctors for second opinions or one-time consults for minor conditions that can be addressed and resolved, in the sole opinion of the doctor, via a virtual consult. HealthTap Premium Services can be a great resource between doctor visits, but are not a substitute for in person doctor visits, your primary care doctor or your primary care doctor’s independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person. HealthTap Prime is not health insurance and is not a substitute for health insurance.
General Additional Terms
Content posted on the Apps is the responsibility of the party posting such content, and participation on HealthTap by a party does not imply endorsement of any content, products, or services.
We do not make recommendations or endorsements. We do not recommend or endorse any specific products (including apps and devices), treatments (including medications and procedures), tests, doctors, or any Content (including opinions, or other information that may be contained or mentioned on the Apps, including user submitted Content and medical expert Content). Any recommendations or endorsements on HealthTap (including those by doctors, such as app and medication ratings, answer agrees, doctor recommendations) are not made by HealthTap. This means that the choices you make about your health are, and always will be, your own choices.
The terms above have the following meanings:
- "The Apps" means www.healthtap.com and HealthTap's apps.
- "HealthTap" means the free service available through the Apps.
- "HealthTap Prime" means the paid HealthTap Prime service available through the Apps.
- "Content" means what appears on HealthTap, including what is written or reported on HealthTap, including by users or medical experts, and images/graphics or other materials that appear on or within HealthTap.